Metronidazole 400mg immediate-release pill and extended-release pill are prescribed medications. It is manufactured by Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd. Take both the dosage by mouth. These tablets are accessible as the brand-name drugs Flagyl ((immediate-release) and Flagyl ER (extended-release). Immediate-release medication also discharges into the body immediately. Extended-release medications also discharges into the body gradually after some time.
Importantly both the tablets are accessible as generic medications. Generic medications generally cost not exactly the brand-name form. Furthermore, they may not be accessible in all qualities or structures as the brand-name drug.
- These medicine immediate-release oral tablets effective to treat numerous infections caused by microscopic organisms or parasites.
- These consist of infections that happen in the gastrointestinal tract, for example, amebiasis and trichomoniasis.
- This medicine expanded discharge oral tablets and are also helpful to treat diseases related to private part in women.
- This might be effective as a part of a mix treatment. Also this implies you may need to take it with different medicines.
How it works
Metronidazole 400mg medicine has a place with a class of medications called nitroimidazole antimicrobials. A class of medications is a gathering of meds that work in the same way. These medications are regularly useful to treat comparable conditions.
Antimicrobials are medications useful to treat infections. Nitroimidazole antimicrobials cure infections caused by microorganisms. These tablets work by killing the microorganisms that are causing the disease. This also mitigates the infection.
- The maximum dose of this medication is 400mg taken 3 times a day. Metronidazole is typically useful 3 times each day.
- Follow to the directions that come in the packaging with your medication. If you have to take a few portions of this medicine daily, try to space them equally.
- For instance, if you take your medicine 3 times a day, this could be in the morning time, mid-evening, and at bedtime.
- If you forget to take a portion, take it when you remember.
- Loss of Appetite
- Abdominal pain
- Skin Rash